Adobe announced the release of the Flash Player 10.2 for Android on March 18th.
“One of the main features of Flash Player 10.2 on mobile is the integration with multi-core CPUs and accelerated GPUs enabling hardware accelerated StageVideo on mobile devices running Android 3.0 and above. Additional highlights include:
- Improved scrolling of web pages
- Support for HTML is overlayed atop Flash content
- Optimized soft keyboard support
- New ActionScript API for soft keyboards
- Overall performance improvements
With so many new Android devices equipped with multi-core processers and “Superchip” GPUs in preproduction right now, this is a great foundation for the next wave of both smartphone and tablet devices.”